Saturday, August 06, 2005

a long weekend

Usually, a long weekend means extra time off from work. This time it means that Holly is out of town. Her grandma isn't doing very well. Send her some prayers and/or positive energy!! Holly's mom is so stressed out, as well. She is the primary caretaker of the whole family, and she takes that job seriously. It isn't easy to watch your mother suffer.

Holly took our fourteen year old with her, and left me with the twins, Kaia and E, who is still around and determined to be helpful. She has been helpful. Kaia had her second eight hour work day today and wanted more attention/sympathy than I had to give her. I know her feet hurt and she is tired, but I'd done lots of laundry and twin tending and missing Holly and was dwelling in my own little space. The good part is that I've spent so much time with the twins. They've figured out how to go down their slide by themselves and will get on their swing and sit backwards, swing and laugh about it.

I guess we all have our own ways of coping. Luckily, Kaia is mature enough to understand. Send a bit more positiveness to Holly and her mom and grandma!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Gawdessness said...

The best vibes I've got are going to Holly and family!
Glad you get the time with the little ones, that is a nice thing, even if it is tiring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home