Monday, July 25, 2005

once again

My 18 year old, E, is back, actively in our lives. She came back into town right before we went on the cruise, too late to be included. She is thin but looks good. She and her girlfriend, whom we don't care for much, ate all of our food while we were gone, which we told them they could do. They went back to their hometown and got the gf's 20 mo baby. He's sweet, but way behind. E has noticed how far he is behind our twins even through he's five months older and has been working his language skills as best she can.

They can't stay with us - gf has a history that could precludes her from spending much time in our house. They say they are clean, and we believe them, but we won't take a chance that could get our other kids taken from us. They both need jobs. We (mostly Holly) have done just about everything we can to help them out - bought groceries, gas money, helped them find places that are hiring and the doctor's office. They've turned in a couple of applications. They just come from such a different place than we do. They've dug themselves such a hole in their hometown that they can't go back. We've really pushed that we can't support them, they need to work. Once they both have jobs, they'll be able to get their own apartment. But they've been in town a month and have only done some odd jobs.

My seventeen yo started her first job yesterday. She whined to Holly all morning today about how her feet hurt and she was tired and going to quit. Thank goodness she told Holly and not me. Holly understands that she is scared and anxious. I probably would have gone off on her. My first job was in a grocery store deli and Holly's was at an unairconditioned hamburger stand. That is what first jobs are like. You are on your feet for hours at a time and you do tedious demeaning work. She wants to go to culinary school. I guess she doesn't realize that chefs/bakers/cooks don't sit down. They are always on their feet. Like I said, lucky it wasn't me talking to her...

Sophia, my twin daughter (15 mo), just talked to me on the phone. She said Hi and babbled and gave the phone a kiss. (openmouthed, couldn't hear it, had to take Holly's word for it) As far as I know, I'm the first person she's ever spoken to on the phone!! Way to make my morning. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home