Friday, July 08, 2005

getting ready to leave

I'm getting ready to fly away. My grandmother's 100th birthday party is tomorrow in Minnesota and I fly in a couple of hours. I fly to NYC Sunday to meet Holly and the kids before we get on the boat. I'm apprehensive - don't really like flying alone, don't know that side of my family all that well. They are stoic German bred farmers and I'm a wildly emotional city kid. Can't wait to see my grandma, though. I only wish that Holly and the kids were going with me. They aren't for several reasons - money for the flight, I'm not out to that part of my family and not quite sure how my multiracial family would go over. Sounds really lame that those things bother me, but I see them so seldom it was always easy to avoid racial issues and homosexuality.

Holly is stuck with all the kids for two days. I don't know how she is going to do it. We can only hope that the teens step up to the challenge. They are capable of it, but flying and boats and new experiencs sometimes get them worked up, too.

Wish us Luck!!

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Gawdessness said...

Luck and good wishes for a lovely holiday coming straight at you!
An extra side helping for Holly too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home