Tuesday, February 28, 2006

a beautiful day

Holly's going to bring the twins over in an hour or so. She has a meeting at one of the kid's schools and can't take the babies. I will bring them up to my office and let them play with my coworkers for a few minutes, then take them out and try to figure out something else to do with them.

It's beautiful outside. Maybe I'll get a coworker to help me corral them in the lawn of my building. It's big and grassy and will probably be very nice.

One of the teens has been working over my nerves by forgetting or misunderstanding things that she doesn't want to do. Is she really forgetting or not understanding instructions? Dunno. We still have consequences, though. Life sucks, doesn't it?

Another teen is pushing some scary boundaries because of loneliness. I faced some of the same loneliness issues at her age. I was socially inept and deserately wanted to fit in, but was totally clueless. I had boundaries, though, and was intelligent enough to avoid behaviors that actually got me into trouble. Don't know how to get a kid who feels she needs instant gratification (as a repercussion of her trauma, partly) that her life will be so much easier if she would just wait and take her time and let things fix themselves. The only way we've found is to impose boundaries for her. Life sucks, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home