Monday, February 06, 2006

update

The minivan doesn't start, so we are a one car family until it gets fixed. Luckily, we've acquired the big Dodge pickup from Holly's parents, so our one vehicle holds six. Kind of inconvenient, though. Hopefully, the dealer will get the van fixed today and it won't cost us our firstborn.

The pickup is theoretically mine. Holly is going to continue to drive the van since she usually has more kids with her. The van also gets better mileage than the truck, and I drive fewer miles. I must say, though, that the truck is addicting. You can look down on almost all other vehicles on the road. The engine has power to spare - I don't think I've gone above 2000 rpm yet. It is very comfortable. Now, we can haul and tow whenever we want. I can see why so many people drive them, even though they don't need them. I must say that, even though we've wanted a truck, if this hadn't fallen in our laps, we would have gotten something smaller and more reasonable.

Both babies now not only climb out of their cribs, but back in. When Holly checked on them last night, they were both in Ben's crib. I wish we could get them in gymnastics, but those don't start until they're three.

One of the teens has a new boyfriend. He is a nice guy, as far as I can tell. The irony is that he is very active in his church, and even though getting her to go with us was like pulling teeth, she goes to his church actvities with a big smile on her face. I wouldn't mind if their relationship works out. He has a good job and seems laid back and is friendly. we can only hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home