Wednesday, February 01, 2006

gimpy

I haven't posted in a long time, but I have a reasonable excuse. I had foot surgery last week to remove the bunion on my left foot. It worked - saw the xrays yesterday. If I don't keep it elevated though, it hurts, and our home computer armoir does not lend itself to elevating one's left foot. So, I checked my mail and didn't do much else. Now I'm back at work and where my workstation is more comfortable. It won't be if I ever have my right foot done - nowhere to rest it on that side.

News on the twins: Sophia fed the dogs yesterday. Holly gave her a cup of dogfood and told her to feed Barney (the biggest outside dog) Sophia took the cup, marched to the sliding glass door, thought through the fact that she still needs two hands to open the sliding door, grabbed the cup with her mouth, opened the door and dumped the food in Barney's bowl. He was confused enough by it to lick her mouth and ears before he ate. Rufus, the other outside dog, had to wait for Holly. But, being the gentleman he is, just sniffed around Sophia while he waited. Ben probably would have helped, but he can't open the door yet. Ben doesn't just climb out of his crib - he climbs on the rail and jumps off. Haven't measured, but it must be close to four feet. He does it nearly every time we leave him in his crib and hasn't hurt himself yet. We are debating toddler beds versus tent cribs.

The teens: The younger are both struggling with school and Holly and I are searching for ways to get high school to work for them. R is flying high - took her first three GED tests yesterday and feels pretty confident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home