Thursday, September 01, 2005

more stuff

All sorts of new stuff to brag about...
Sophia told me she loved me and gave me kisses over the phone. Ben actually talked to me on the phone, though it wasn't intelligible. After a momentary let down this morning, E is once again thrilled about school. She has her chef uniform now. She really looks cute in it and that helps.

Weird stuff - having trouble getting a hold of the adopted brother of one of our kids. They've had regular contact for a couple of years. Don't know what, but something has happened that nobody told us about.

Then this whole Katrina thing. GOOD LORD!!! I work for a social service agency, and even though I'm in the middle of Texas, hundreds of miles from the hurricane zone, our field offices are already getting swamped with refugees. This is fine - it is what we do. The bugger is that tens of thousands of people are still freaking stuck in New Orleans!! This is not Sumatra!! Why do they not have every available bus on that stupid highway to get those poor people out!! Why are the oil companies not donating millions of gallons of gas to get those people moved! Why hasn't every church between here and New Orleans offered their Parrish halls to hold refugees? Why hasn't every college/university offered a gym?

Holly and I can't take anyone into our house, if we didn't already practically have E sleeping on the couch, the state says everyone in our house has to have a background check, etc. We've given to the Red Cross already. I'm going to give to an animal agency this evening. Don't forget about the animals!!! However crass this sounds and however it makes you think less of me, the people had a chance to evacuate, and the pets/animals weren't given the choice.

so much for my raves and rants... peace to all!

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Gawdessness said...

I'm focusing on your beautiful babies. How truly wonderful they are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home