Monday, October 03, 2005

Holly lightly chastised me for not blogging in a week. I know. And last week was quite busy. The biggest reason I didn't blog was that my tooth hurts and it is very distracting. My gp gave me vicodin on Monday. Finally got into the dentist on Friday and he said it was my tooth but he doesn't do molar root canals. the endodontist got me in tomorrow at 12:15. Then I have to go back to the dentist to get a cap put on it. I've been sparing with the meds, thank goodness. Just glad I'm not afraid of dentists.

Both our highschoolers have been on the edge of crashing for a week. After six whole weeks of nearly normal 14 yo behavior, S took a dive and became controlling tantrum girl again. We think we know why and are dealing with it as theraputically as we can. We are also praying that she doesn't mess up school so badly that she loses the ground she's worked so hard for. Our other teen is finally making friends, but, from our angle, doesn't seem like she's doing it in a healthy way.

We began using new problem tracking software at my job today. Of course, it doesn't work. None of the new software we've gotten in the past two or three years has been tested properly. They (the magical they) don't seem to think that we need proper training on it either. For some reason, they can't get a fully working model up before rollout, so they test pieces at a time. Our instructions today were to follow our written instructions. Unfortunately, the instructions say to click on buttons that don't exist in the version of the software we have. Now, my group troubleshoots software all the time - we ought to be able to figure it out, but we can't because it doesn't work. We can't get one single issue entered correctly. The other group that uses it has already given up and is just listing everything on paper. I use a spreadsheet, but I guess its the same thing. Wonderful way to start a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home