Tuesday, May 31, 2005

So proud

Sometimes, my kids surprise me. My fourteen year old has percussion band camp this week. My partner and I are scared for her - she isn't very good, and this could be one of a few chances for her to make a positive impression in ninth grade. She was not scared. She wasn't even apprehensive. I had to drop her off an hour early and she was fine with that. She was down right pleasant on the drive to drop her off. I love that kid!!!

My seventeen year old has initiated contact with her birth family. She's decided it is time to work through the anger and pain, and started it all on her own. She realized that she's never going to be really happy and comfortable until she has some sort of relationship with her mother. If her mother can't deal with it, she insists she'll be okay. She just wants to put the effort forth. Is that strength or what??

I am a very proud parent right now.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Gawdessness said...

So you should be.
Your kids sound like amazing people.
Happy for all of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home