Tuesday, May 10, 2005

bday for real

Today is my birthday. I am a little bummed, because nobody, except Holly, really even remembered. The kids only said anything after they were reminded. Of course there is so much else going on - Holly is sick, so I'm at home with the babies, the school year is ending so the teens have everything else on their minds, and we weren't planning to celebrate until Saturday, which of course is the wonderful swimming with whales. My grandmother called. That is special. She'll be 100 next month, so for her to remember means a lot. My old Tai chi teacher sent me an ecard. But, geez, this is 40 - a pretty big milestone. Enough feeling sorry for myself.

I got to spend two days in a row practically by myself with the twins. It was wonderful! Even though they are a bit grouchy, it was so much fun. I miss them while I'm at work. I have to go back to work tomorrow. Neither of us are sure that Holly can handle them by herself, but I can't miss more work without a dr note and she is determined that she isn't bad enough off to go. A friend of ours might come over for awhile. It'll work out somehow. She'd better be healthy enough to swim with whales on Saturday!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Lionmom said...

I love you, Carol! I'm sorry I wasn't well enough to whip the self-centered teens into shape!

I promise you a good weekend!
xoxoxoxox
hl

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Gawdessness said...

Happy Birthday Carol!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting, what a nice thing for you to do for someone else on your day. With selflessness like that I can tell that you are a Mom of teenagers!
It sounds like you have a weekend of hugs and kisses coming up, so I won't feel too sorry for you.
I'm enjoying your blog and you are going on my reading list!
Take care,
Kath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home